Child psychologist offers help when:
- child develops more slowly than his peers
- child’s behavior is worrying
- child is hyperactive or has ongoing trouble with focus
- child is withdrawn, fearful, shy
- and in other problems related to child development
Our mission is to provide psychological help for children, young people and their parents. In our work we use methods of psychotherapy based on many years of experience. We provide comfort and discretion. Each psychologist in our team adheres to the highest ethical standards.
Our Clinic is located in the center of Warsaw, at the intersection of Aleje Jerozolimskie, Aleja Jana Pawła II and ul. Chałubińskiego. Nearby are the Warszawa Centralna station, Warszawa Śródmieście station and two subway stations: Metro Centrum and Metro Rondo ONZ. Thanks to this location it is easy to reach us by public transport. It is also easy to come to us by car and park it – due to parking spaces along Aleje Jerozolimskie, as well as along Nowogrodzka (at the back of the Poradnia building) and a parking lot in the Łopieński Brothers Passage (entry from Aleje Jerozolimskie).
Psycholog dziecięcy to specjalista, który pomaga rodzicom w trudnych sytuacjach – najczęściej wtedy, gdy:
Child psychologist is a specialist who helps children and their parents in difficult situations, most often when:
- the child’s behavior is worrying parents or teachers,
- the child develops more slowly than his peers, acquires various skills later than they do, for example when his speech develops more slowly,
- the child is hyperactive or has trouble concentrating,
- the child has problems with learning or is otherwise unable to find a place at school (e.g. due to stress),
- the child is withdrawn, fearful, shy,
- the child has difficulty establishing relationships with peers,
- the child is unable to control his emotions, or his way of dealing with these emotions (e.g. eating disorders, nervous tics) raises anxiety of the parent,
- the child is behaving aggressively or has other problems in resolving conflicts,
- the child complains of somatic complaints (e.g. abdominal pain, headache, difficulty sleeping, soaking at night) and there is no clear medical cause of these symptoms,
- the child has trouble adapting to a new situation, such as moving to a new house, changing school, accpepting new sibling etc.,
- the child has experienced a difficult situation, such as divorce of parents, death of a loved one, accident,
- the child has adolescence problems,
- the child undertakes destructive actions, e.g. he becomes addicted to television, computer, reaches for drugs, mutilates himself,
- the parent wants to improve the quality of his relationship with the child or has the feeling that the growing child is moving away from him,
- the parent wants to help the child gain faith in his own strength, increase his self-acceptance or help overcome what is a difficulty or limitation for the child.
In all of such cases a visit to a child psychologist can help. Its purpose is to identify the causes of behavior that worries a parent, and determine ways of solving the problem. At the beginning, a child psychologist talks to the parent about the child’s disturbing behavior. Next he talks to the child, assesses the situation, proposes a type of therapy and gives recommendations for further work. An experienced child psychologist can reach almost every child and get them to cooperate in therapy.
Feel free to contact us and make an appointment for a consultation, during which the psychologist will help to determine the way of solving the problems. Our Clinic is located in the very center of Warsaw.