- child develops more slowly than his peers
- child’s behavior is worrying
- child is hyperactive or has ongoing trouble with focus
- child is withdrawn, fearful, shy
- and in other problems related to child development
Our mission is to provide psychological help for children, young people and their parents. We use proven psychotherapy methods that we have developed over the years of experience. We provide complete discretion and extremely comfortable conditions for conversation. Every child psychologist from our team in Warsaw is guided by the highest ethical standards.
We work in a very convenient location – in the very center of Warsaw, near the intersection of Aleje Jerozolimskie, Aleja Jana Pawła II and Chałubińskiego street, from where it is close to the Warszawa Centralna train station, Warszawa Śródmieście train station and to two metro stations: Metro Centrum and Metro Rondo ONZ. At the entrance to the building there are a lot of parking spaces and a parking lot in the Łopieński Brothers’ Passage, which facilitates access by car.
In what situations is it worth arranging an appointment with a child psychologist in Warsaw?
Child psychologist is a specialist who helps children and their parents in difficult situations, most often when:
- the child’s behavior is worrying parents or teachers,
- the child develops more slowly than his peers, acquires various skills later than they do, for example when his speech develops more slowly,
- the child is hyperactive or has trouble concentrating,
- the child has problems with learning or is otherwise unable to find a place at school (e.g. due to stress),
- the child is withdrawn, fearful, shy,
- the child has difficulty establishing relationships with peers,
- the child is unable to control his emotions, or his way of dealing with these emotions (e.g. eating disorders, nervous tics) raises anxiety of the parent,
- the child is behaving aggressively or has other problems in resolving conflicts,
- the child complains of somatic complaints (e.g. abdominal pain, headache, difficulty sleeping, soaking at night) and there is no clear medical cause of these symptoms,
- the child has trouble adapting to a new situation, such as moving to a new house, changing school, accpepting new sibling etc.,
- the child has experienced a difficult situation, such as divorce of parents, death of a loved one, accident,
- the child has adolescence problems,
- the child undertakes destructive actions, e.g. he becomes addicted to television, computer, reaches for drugs, mutilates himself,
- the parent wants to improve the quality of his relationship with the child or has the feeling that the growing child is moving away from him,
- the parent wants to help the child gain faith in his own strength, increase his self-acceptance or help overcome what is a difficulty or limitation for the child.
In such cases, a visit to a child psychologist can definitely help.
What can you gain from talking to a child psychologist?
The goal of a conversation with a child psychologist is to identify the causes of behavior that worries a parent, and determine the ways of solving the identified problems. At the beginning, a child psychologist talks to the parent about the child’s disturbing behavior. Next he talks to the child, assesses the situation, proposes a type of therapy and gives recommendations for further work. An experienced child psychologist can reach almost every child and get them to cooperate in therapy. Thanks to this, both parents and their children will regain their old life balance, improve relationships with each other, and children will finally be able to freely develop themselves.
We invite you to contact us directly and to consult in a friendly atmosphere. During the consultation a child psychologist will help determine the path for parents and children to solve the problems. Our clinic is located in the heart of Warsaw.
24 March 2023
Digital autism – causes and symptoms of the influence of the phone on the child’s brain – What are the consequences of smartphone abuse by a child? How to fight this problem?
30 December 2022
On New Year’s Eve (December 31) and New Year’s Day (January 1) our Clinic will be closed. We invite you again from January 2nd and wish you all the best in the New Year!
23 December 2022
Our Clinic will be closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. We invite you from Tuesday, December 27th and wish you all Merry Christmas!
15 November 2022
A woman and a man – How to explain the differences to a child? How to answer difficult questions? When is it worth consulting a sexologist?